Service for Technical Assessment and Approvals
The service performs the folloving activities
granting, modification, extension and termination of:
- European technical assessments (ETA): ETA (European Technical Assessments) can be granted upon the application of a manufacturer, who wishes to place a construction product on the market in the EU, on the basis of a European Assessment Document (EAD)
- Environmental product declarations (EPD): Each EPD provides a description of a product and its emissions, in connection with LCA (life-cycle assessments), thus representing a complex but necessary contribution to sustainable construction.
- Slovenian technical approvals (STS): STS can be granted upon the application of a manufacturer, who wishes to place a construction product on the market in the Republic of Slovenia, which is not included in any harmonized technical specification according to ZGPro-1 (the Law on Construction Products).
A lot of highly qualified experts work for the Service, and participate in the preparation of approvals and assessments. For the performance of the necessary work, ZAG makes use of its own laboratories, most of which are accredited.
- In 2004 ZAG Ljubljana was named, on the basis of a decision made by the Ministry RS of the Economy, as a Body for Technical Approvals, with the power to grant, modify, extend and terminate Slovenian Technical Approvals (STS),
- In 2012 ZAG Ljubljana was additionally named as a Technical Assessment Body (TAB), with the competence to prepare European Assessment Documents, and to issue European Technical Assessments for all fields of products and requirements for a TAB, as are listed in the CPR (Construction Products Regulations) (EU Decision No. 305/2011).
- Since 2013 the Service also issues Environmental product declarations (EPD).
General information, manuals and forms
- Rules for the preparation, granting and maintenance of validity of slovenian technical approvals (STS) for construction products
- ZAG Ljubljana represents the Republic of Slovenia, and is an active member of EOTA,
- It is also one of the founding members of the European Association ECO PLATFORM, whose members issue EPDs in the construction sector.